Friday, November 7, 2008

Growing Like Weeds

Alright, I know that I am WAY behind in posting new pics and news on our family. I promise to try and get some pics up this weekend.
Halloween was a blast. Hailey was Tigger and Spencer was a pumpkin. Hailey was such a great little trick-or-treater. She said trick-or-treat and thank-you at every house. We did our entire street, both sides. She was a real trooper, and I eventually asked Eric to carry her from driveway to driveway. Amazingly enough, she didn't get too much candy. Lots of neighbors gave out things like chips and fruit snacks. That made me a little happier. Of course, Spencer slept most of the way. Nana and Baba came over for dinner and trick or treat. All in all it was a fun evening.

Yes, they are growing like weeds. The have check-ups scheduled for the end of this month (actually, on Hailey's birthday). I can't wait to see how much Spencer weighs and how long he is. I promise to post that one quickly!

Oh, Spencer cut his first tooth this evening. Not even 6 months old yet and he has a tooth. Also, he has been sitting up unassisted for a couple of weeks now. He is trying to crawl, getting up on all fours and rocking and pushing. It is only a matter of weeks before he is chasing his sister around the house.

Which brings me to Hailey. What a little ball of personality that one is. She is so sweet to her brother, bringing him toys when he is crying or trying to stick his empty bottle in his mouth. She is getting better about being so rough with him. Wait, that might not be the entire truth...Spencer is getting bigger and seems to be able to take it a bit better now! Hailey is talking up a storm and is using new words every day. She has a favorite show on TV that I let her watch (whatever, you know you all do it too!) She is showing signs of potty training, but whenever I ask her if she wants to go potty on her potty chair, she says a very forceful NO. Not really sure what to do with that, but I know I have been a bit premature in trying.

Let's see...I still don't have a job. It is going to be very hard when I do find something, because I am really used to being able to be home with the kids. I really love it. I will keep trusting in God and His perfect timing of our lives here. We are still waiting for a promotion for Eric, and I will post it as soon as it happens. It may not be until spring, but again that is all in God's timing and plan for us.

I am really loving that a local radio station is playing Christmas music. It is my favorite time of the year, and I just love the music. It is already driving Eric nuts! I mean, I was listening to Sleigh Ride while driving to vote on Tuesday with my windows down and not even a light-weight jacket on! Who would have thought of that combination in November! I say bring it on! Yes, I know that I am crazy and that I am probably the only person I know that is listening. OK, not probably, for sure.

Again, I will try to get some pictures of the last month up this weekend. Blessings to all!

1 comment:

Shawn said...

I'm with Eric - Christmas music - bahumbug! Especially this early.
:)